CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say they’ve made another arrest in an investigation in which officers infiltrated an invitation-only Facebook group to buy guns and drugs.
Police said Wednesday that 23-year-old Sergio Barrera of Chicago was booked into jail on more than three dozen felony counts that include charges of gunrunning and delivering a controlled substance. It wasn’t immediately clear if he has a lawyer.
Barrera is the latest of some 50 people to be arrested after officers purchased 18 guns and $46,000 worth of drugs from the group. .
When police announced the arrests last month, they were critical of Facebook for what they said was a lack of cooperation with investigators. Facebook says it is investigating the matter and police say Facebook will meet with officers to discuss problems detectives encountered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW