CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say they’ve made another arrest in an investigation in which officers infiltrated an invitation-only Facebook group to buy guns and drugs.
Police said Wednesday that 23-year-old Sergio Barrera of Chicago was booked into jail on more than three dozen felony counts that include charges of gunrunning and delivering a controlled substance. It wasn’t immediately clear if he has a lawyer.
Barrera is the latest of some 50 people to be arrested after officers purchased 18 guns and $46,000 worth of drugs from the group. .
When police announced the arrests last month, they were critical of Facebook for what they said was a lack of cooperation with investigators. Facebook says it is investigating the matter and police say Facebook will meet with officers to discuss problems detectives encountered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW