LUVERNE, Minn. (AP) — A Minnesota animal feed ingredient manufacturer is expanding to South Dakota.
Great Plains Processing, based in Luverne, says it’s setting up operations in Yankton, South Dakota where it’s purchased a building and nearly 20 acres of land. Great Plains Processing is a custom spray drying and animal feed ingredient manufacturer.
GPP President Quintin Honerman says state and local officials helped make expansion plans seamless.
The 40,000 square-foot facility in Yankton will initially create 20 full-time jobs with the potential of doubling employment in three to five years.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Betsy DeVos compares Joe Biden touching her forehead to sexual harassment under Title IX
GPP products can be found in feeds for many species, including bovine, equine, swine and domesticated pets.