MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — An angler has died after falling through the ice on a private pond in central Indiana.
WRTV-TV reports that the person who owns the property in Martinsville called police Sunday afternoon after seeing tracks leading to a hole in the ice and fishing gear that was unattended.
Authorities say rescue crews pulled an unconscious 51-year-old Gregory Davis from the water. Davis of Camby later was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Martinsville is southwest of Indianapolis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Information from: WRTV-TV, http://www.theindychannel.com/index.html