MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — An angler has died after falling through the ice on a private pond in central Indiana.
WRTV-TV reports that the person who owns the property in Martinsville called police Sunday afternoon after seeing tracks leading to a hole in the ice and fishing gear that was unattended.
Authorities say rescue crews pulled an unconscious 51-year-old Gregory Davis from the water. Davis of Camby later was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Martinsville is southwest of Indianapolis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
Information from: WRTV-TV, http://www.theindychannel.com/index.html