MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — An angler has died after falling through the ice on a private pond in central Indiana.
WRTV-TV reports that the person who owns the property in Martinsville called police Sunday afternoon after seeing tracks leading to a hole in the ice and fishing gear that was unattended.
Authorities say rescue crews pulled an unconscious 51-year-old Gregory Davis from the water. Davis of Camby later was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Martinsville is southwest of Indianapolis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
- CNN drops suit against White House after Jim Acosta's press pass is fully restored
Information from: WRTV-TV, http://www.theindychannel.com/index.html