MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — An angler has died after falling through the ice on a private pond in central Indiana.
WRTV-TV reports that the person who owns the property in Martinsville called police Sunday afternoon after seeing tracks leading to a hole in the ice and fishing gear that was unattended.
Authorities say rescue crews pulled an unconscious 51-year-old Gregory Davis from the water. Davis of Camby later was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Martinsville is southwest of Indianapolis.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- High-tech degrees and the price of an avocado: The data New York gave to Amazon
- Hungry bear goes for ride after getting stuck on trash truck
- Woman finds tiger in house, tells dispatch: 'I'm not lying' WATCH
Information from: WRTV-TV, http://www.theindychannel.com/index.html