ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A man Anchorage police identified as a “person of interest” in a homicide has turned himself in to detectives.
Police say the 23-year-old man, a felon, was arrested Wednesday night on a weapons misconduct charge. Police say the man had a weapon in his possession.
The man was questioned and transported to the Anchorage jail.
Police had asked the public’s help for locating the man for questioning in the death of 36-year-old Tyshaun Gray.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Police opened a homicide investigation after a witness reported Gray dead Monday afternoon at a home in the Spenard neighborhood.
Police have not said how Gray died.