ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Anchorage police are investigating a shooting that left a man dead at a mobile home in the Spenard neighborhood.
Anchorage television station KTVA reports witnesses at about 8:15 p.m. Sunday called police to report shots fired.
As police responded to 36th Avenue and Arctic Boulevard, more calls came in about shots fired nearby in the 3400 block of Spenard Road.
Police spokesman MJ Thim (tim) says officers found a man dead in a home at the Penguin Trailer Court at Spenard Road near 36th Avenue.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Officers and police dogs searched near the home. Police have put out no information about a suspect and have not released the identity of the man killed.
Information from: KTVA-TV, http://www.ktva.com