DELAND, Fla. (AP) — A northbound Amtrak train struck and killed a 48-year-old Florida man who was standing on the tracks.
The Florida Highway Patrol said in a news release that train hit the man on Tuesday afternoon near DeLand in central Florida.
Officials say the train was carrying 497 passengers, No other injuries were reported.
The man’s name hasn’t been released and troopers said they don’t know why he was standing on the tracks.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search