MOORPARK, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say an Amtrak train was briefly evacuated in Southern California when a man locked himself in a bathroom after putting on what appeared to be a military tactical vest.
Ventura County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Eric Buschow says deputies met the northbound Pacific Surfliner in Moorpark Saturday after passengers reported the man who boarded a stop earlier in Simi Valley.
Buschow says the crew and all 93 passengers evacuated as authorities detained the man. The Ventura County Star reports no weapons were found. Buschow says the vest, which looked like a military garment, turned out to be more like one used in paintball games.
The 21-year-old suspect, who did not make any threats, was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Information from: Ventura County Star, http://venturacountystar.com