MOORPARK, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say an Amtrak train was briefly evacuated in Southern California when a man locked himself in a bathroom after putting on what appeared to be a military tactical vest.
Ventura County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Eric Buschow says deputies met the northbound Pacific Surfliner in Moorpark Saturday after passengers reported the man who boarded a stop earlier in Simi Valley.
Buschow says the crew and all 93 passengers evacuated as authorities detained the man. The Ventura County Star reports no weapons were found. Buschow says the vest, which looked like a military garment, turned out to be more like one used in paintball games.
The 21-year-old suspect, who did not make any threats, was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
Information from: Ventura County Star, http://venturacountystar.com