MOORPARK, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say an Amtrak train was briefly evacuated in Southern California when a man locked himself in a bathroom after putting on what appeared to be a military tactical vest.
Ventura County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Eric Buschow says deputies met the northbound Pacific Surfliner in Moorpark Saturday after passengers reported the man who boarded a stop earlier in Simi Valley.
Buschow says the crew and all 93 passengers evacuated as authorities detained the man. The Ventura County Star reports no weapons were found. Buschow says the vest, which looked like a military garment, turned out to be more like one used in paintball games.
The 21-year-old suspect, who did not make any threats, was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Information from: Ventura County Star, http://venturacountystar.com