PEORIA, Ill. (AP) — Authorities say an American Eagle flight from Peoria, Illinois, bound for Dallas-Fort Worth has made an unexpected return because of a mechanical issue.
Director Gene Olson of Gen. Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport says the plane made an emergency return shortly after takeoff, probably because of an electronics issue that occurred when the flight was about 20 miles out from Peoria.
The (Peoria) Journal-Star reports the plane made a safe return with no apparent injuries.
As of 11 a.m. CST, the airline’s website showed the flight still was delayed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hearing sets up dramatic showdown between Kavanaugh, accuser WATCH
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Noah's Ark except it's a school bus: Truck driver rescues 64 dogs and cats from floods of Hurricane Florence
- Soon-Yi Previn defends husband Woody Allen, attacks mother
- Labrador dog named Lucy saves Oregon man from sex conviction
The website shows the flight was operated by Phoenix-based Mesa Airlines. A telephone call to Mesa’s headquarters went unanswered Saturday.