HONG KONG (AP) — American Airlines says a flight from Hong Kong to Los Angeles was canceled after a piece of loading equipment caught fire while it was preparing to put cargo in the hold of the plane. One person was hurt.
A spokeswoman for the airline, Martha Thomas, said Monday the container that was on the loading equipment also caught fire in the process.
She said the cargo it contained was “non-hazardous,” without providing details.
Thomas said boarding had not yet started and no passengers or crew on Flight 192 were injured. The flight was scheduled to depart Hong Kong at 6:10 p.m. local time and arrive at Los Angeles at 4:30 p.m. local time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 3 dead, 4 hospitalized in suspected drug overdose
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
- Missing Camp Pendleton Marine found safe at Texas rest stop
- Women leave Montana town over border agency lawsuit backlash
- He went underwater to propose to his girlfriend, but he didn't live to hear her say 'yes'
Thomas said the operator of the equipment is being treated for “non-life-threatening” injuries.