HONG KONG (AP) — American Airlines says a flight from Hong Kong to Los Angeles was canceled after a piece of loading equipment caught fire while it was preparing to put cargo in the hold of the plane. One person was hurt.
A spokeswoman for the airline, Martha Thomas, said Monday the container that was on the loading equipment also caught fire in the process.
She said the cargo it contained was “non-hazardous,” without providing details.
Thomas said boarding had not yet started and no passengers or crew on Flight 192 were injured. The flight was scheduled to depart Hong Kong at 6:10 p.m. local time and arrive at Los Angeles at 4:30 p.m. local time.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Thomas said the operator of the equipment is being treated for “non-life-threatening” injuries.