PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man was bitten several times by an alligator at a retention pond in Florida.
News outlets report Frederic Iman was attacked Monday morning.
Charlotte County Fire and EMS said in a news release that emergency crews responded about 10:20 a.m. after a man suffered serious injuries from the bites. Iman was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital and is listed in fair condition.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is investigating. Further details have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney