LORMAN, Miss. (AP) — Alcorn State University is saluting more than 350 graduates.
The university is hosting commencement Saturday morning at the Davey Whitney Health and Physical Education Complex on its Lorman campus.
Christy Pickering, an outgoing trustee on the College Board overseeing all eight of Mississippi’s public universities, is addressing graduates.
Pickering is a certified public accountant who was appointed to the board by Gov. Haley Barbour in 2008, representing the southern third of the state. She has served as a director of Hancock Holding Co. and Mississippi Power Co.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump's fake accent angers Asian Americans as they veer left
- David Koch, billionaire and industrialist who funded conservatives, dies
- Trump buying Greenland seemed like a joke. Then it got ugly.
- Trump vows response to China tariffs on $75B of US goods VIEW
- Money crunch after Planned Parenthood quits federal program VIEW
Pickering earned a bachelor’s degree in in business administration from the University of Southern Mississippi and has worked in the field of accounting since 1983.
Alcorn State is also granting one or more honorary degrees, but declines to publish that information in advance.