ANCHORAGE — A 30-year-old man is accused of assaulting a woman at a remote Alaska village and chasing her with a chainsaw.
Soldotna radio station KSRM reports that an arrest warrant has been issued for Russell Cornelius of St. Marys, who is charged with assault.
Alaska State Troopers say Cornelius punched the 30-year-old woman and threatened her with a machete and firearm at the home the two shared.
According to troopers, the woman then left in a vehicle with a 28-year-old woman. Troopers say Cornelius chased the women down the road in an all-terrain vehicle before he fled the area.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In reversal, Trump orders halt to his family separation rule WATCH
- More outbreaks of foodborne illnesses: Here’s what you need to know
- Trump to propose reorganizing the government, targeting safety net programs
- Iran lists demands for improving relations with US
- Maddow breaks down reading AP story on 'tender age' shelters
Troopers say they were notified of the case Nov. 1. Online court records show no attorney for Cornelius.
St. Marys is a Yup’ik Eskimo village about 450 miles west of Anchorage.
Information from: KSRM-AM, http://www.radiokenai.com