MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A regional airport outside Alabama’s capital will begin offering direct flights to the nation’s capital next year.
The Montgomery Advertiser reports that Montgomery Regional Airport officials announced Monday that American Airlines service to Washington’s Reagan National Airport is set to begin June 7, 2018, as Montgomery County looks to expand the airport’s coverage.
A morning flight will arrive in Montgomery, and another will depart for Washington in the afternoon.
Montgomery Mayor Todd Strange said the addition is invaluable for those who travel between Maxwell Air Force Base and Washington. County Commission Chairman Elton Dean said the service will aid in attracting and retaining businesses.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
Round-trip tickets listed online had cost around $570 Monday afternoon.
Montgomery Regional Airport also offers flights to Dallas and Atlanta through American Airlines and Delta Airlines.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com