BLOUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for the 2015 slaying of another man.
AL.com reports 27-year-old Justin MacNeill was found guilty Monday of two counts of capital murder for the killing of Myron Brian Beavers. District Attorney Pamela Case says Beavers was killed in 2015 over money.
Case says MacNeill stole money from Beavers and then struck him over the head with a hatchet multiple times. MacNeill then fled with 24-year-old Clifton Ridgeway. Ridgeway also is charged in Beavers’ death. He hasn’t yet gone to trial.
MacNeill and Ridgeway were later arrested in an unrelated police chase, and Ridgeway tipped officers off to the crime. Officers then found Beavers dead from blunt force injures under a bed in his Blountsville home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- His siblings were killed when the Hart family's van went off a cliff. He had been left in foster care.
- Ring camera installed in a children's room for 'peace of mind' is hacked, 8-year-old daughter harassed
- Democrats, DeVos clash in fiery hearing that turned personal
- US finally giving boot to official foot measurement
- Alaska island volcano erupts, sends ash cloud to Bering Sea
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews