BLOUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for the 2015 slaying of another man.
AL.com reports 27-year-old Justin MacNeill was found guilty Monday of two counts of capital murder for the killing of Myron Brian Beavers. District Attorney Pamela Case says Beavers was killed in 2015 over money.
Case says MacNeill stole money from Beavers and then struck him over the head with a hatchet multiple times. MacNeill then fled with 24-year-old Clifton Ridgeway. Ridgeway also is charged in Beavers’ death. He hasn’t yet gone to trial.
MacNeill and Ridgeway were later arrested in an unrelated police chase, and Ridgeway tipped officers off to the crime. Officers then found Beavers dead from blunt force injures under a bed in his Blountsville home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Trump asks Supreme Court to intervene in Mar-a-Lago dispute
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘You’re not welcome’
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Information from: The Birmingham News, http://www.al.com/birminghamnews