PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder after attacking two people.
Autauga County Sheriff Joe Sedinger tells The Montgomery Advertiser 40-year-old Preston Howard was charged Wednesday for stabbing one person and trying to shoot another.
He says Howard walked into a gun shop that morning and stabbed a male shopper several times. A woman shopping with the victim reacted by trying to shoot Howard with her unloaded pistol before grabbing the store’s gun and firing a shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
Howard grabbed the unloaded pistol, aimed at her and pulled the trigger several times. He was arrested while waiting outside the store.
The injured man is in stable condition. Authorities are investigating the motive for the attack.
It’s unclear whether Howard has a lawyer.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com