PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder after attacking two people.
Autauga County Sheriff Joe Sedinger tells The Montgomery Advertiser 40-year-old Preston Howard was charged Wednesday for stabbing one person and trying to shoot another.
He says Howard walked into a gun shop that morning and stabbed a male shopper several times. A woman shopping with the victim reacted by trying to shoot Howard with her unloaded pistol before grabbing the store’s gun and firing a shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Howard grabbed the unloaded pistol, aimed at her and pulled the trigger several times. He was arrested while waiting outside the store.
The injured man is in stable condition. Authorities are investigating the motive for the attack.
It’s unclear whether Howard has a lawyer.
Information from: Montgomery Advertiser, http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com