DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — Police say a 22-year-old Alabama man is critically injured after a single-car crash in Decatur.
The driver of a Nissan Altima was ejected when the vehicle overturned off Danville Road early Sunday. Decatur police said someone reported the crash to 911 at about 4:20 a.m.
Police spokeswoman Emme Long said Monday the driver, 22-year-old Shyquan Jamal Draper of Somerville, was in critical condition at a hospital in Huntsville.
Long said Draper was the only person in the car. She said the cause of the crash is still being investigated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
This story has been corrected to reflect that a Decatur police spokeswoman said the crash victim was not dead but was in critical condition.