MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Prison officials say they’ve captured an Alabama inmate who left a work site in Montgomery.
The Department of Corrections says Elmore County deputies captured 34-year-old Michael Deshaun McLeod at a gas station where he surrendered Monday night.
A statement from the prison system says officers had a tip about McLeod’s whereabouts. He’d walked off a job site earlier in the day.
McLeod is serving a 20-year sentence after being convicted on a gun charge in Montgomery County in 2014. He was serving time at the Frank Lee Work Release Center in Deatsville.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC's list of symptoms for COVID-19 grows
- Trump's worldview forged by neglect and trauma at home, niece says in book
- Hundreds of experts say coronavirus is airborne; consequences for our daily lives would be significant
- South Dakota governor, exposed to virus, joined Trump on jet
- Study uncovers most effective non-medical face mask for protecting against coronavirus