MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Prison officials say they’ve captured an Alabama inmate who left a work site in Montgomery.
The Department of Corrections says Elmore County deputies captured 34-year-old Michael Deshaun McLeod at a gas station where he surrendered Monday night.
A statement from the prison system says officers had a tip about McLeod’s whereabouts. He’d walked off a job site earlier in the day.
McLeod is serving a 20-year sentence after being convicted on a gun charge in Montgomery County in 2014. He was serving time at the Frank Lee Work Release Center in Deatsville.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Twitter explodes after Melania Trump rebukes Stanford professor for comment about Barron
- Did the queen 'scold' Princess Anne for not greeting Trump? Many sure think so.
- NATO leaders appear to gossip about Trump in unguarded chat
- Pelosi to deliver public statement on Trump impeachment VIEW
- Pantone declares another year of blue