DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — A north Alabama woman suffered serious injuries after a storm drain cover crashed through her windshield and caused her to lose control of the car.
Decatur Police spokeswoman Emily Long tells local media that Karen Jenkins of Moulton was injured Friday after another vehicle hit the object, launching it airborne.
It flew over a second vehicle before hitting the Toyota Corolla that Jenkins was driving on a Decatur street.
Jenkins was taken to a Huntsville hospital and Long says she was in critical condition at last note.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, an advocate for liberal priorities, dies at age 90
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Troops stormed a prison. They found inmates had built a luxury resort.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Plane that crashed, killing Rep. Peltola's husband, had over 500 pounds of meat and antlers on board
Police continue to investigate.