PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 5-year-old Alabama boy died after getting caught up in rough surf on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
The News Herald reports Christian Doyle of Dothan, Alabama, was one of three swimmers pulled from the water off Panama City Beach on Saturday evening. Officials say single red surf warning signs were flying at the time, notifying beachgoers of the poor conditions.
Panama City Beach fire rescue crews and a bystander performed CPR on the boy, but he died a short time later at a hospital.
The conditions of the other two swimmers, who were also from Dothan, were not immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Republicans are sick of Matt Gaetz, and they're not quiet about it
- An emergency alert will hit phones, TVs Wednesday. Here's what to expect
- Here's where all the cases against Trump stand as he campaigns for a return to the White House