PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 5-year-old Alabama boy died after getting caught up in rough surf on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
The News Herald reports Christian Doyle of Dothan, Alabama, was one of three swimmers pulled from the water off Panama City Beach on Saturday evening. Officials say single red surf warning signs were flying at the time, notifying beachgoers of the poor conditions.
Panama City Beach fire rescue crews and a bystander performed CPR on the boy, but he died a short time later at a hospital.
The conditions of the other two swimmers, who were also from Dothan, were not immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Fired police sergeant attacks Thai day care center, kills 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine