NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Three members of the Tennessee Air National Guard have been punished for a viral video that showed a guardsman use a dinosaur hand puppet while reciting her re-enlistment oath.
The Knoxville News Sentinel cites a Wednesday statement from Maj. Gen. Terry Haston that says the unidentified colonel who led the ceremony was demoted and forced to retire. Puppet-wielding Master Sgt. Robin Brown has been removed from her position with the Tennessee Joint Public Affairs Office.
Haston said an unidentified senior non-commissioned officer who recorded the ceremony was reprimanded and removed from his position as a unit first sergeant.
The adjutant general said “not taking this oath solemnly and with the utmost respect is firmly against the traditions and sanctity of our military family and will not be tolerated.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Knoxville News Sentinel, http://www.knoxnews.com