OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (AP) — A U.S. Air Force Academy student from Tennessee has been named a Rhodes Scholar.
The Rhodes Trust said Saturday that Jaspreet “Jesse” Singh, of Oak Ridge, is one of 32 students from the United States who will receive full financial support to study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
According to the trust, Singh is a senior at the Air Force Academy, where he is pursuing a bachelors’ degree in mechanical engineering. Singh’s research addresses questions of policy, ethics, and the management of military assets and nuclear weapons.
Singh has interned at the Los Alamos National Laboratory and conducts research at the Center for Aircraft Structural Life Extension. He also has completed several ultra-marathons.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who's behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites
- Is your mask good enough to face COVID's delta variant?
- As we enter cold and flu season, here’s how to tell if you have COVID or a cold
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Is your face mask still effective as COVID lingers? How to proceed with caution and test its quality
At Oxford, Singh will read for master’s degree in engineering science.