WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. (AP) — When a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan woke up groggy from recent dental surgery, she had one big fear: “Did I miss the Super Bowl?!?”
Haley Parks’ father posted a video on Facebook this week showing her coming out of anesthesia after having her wisdom teeth removed.
When her mom let her know the game was Sunday, Parks asked if she could go. She says the team is “like my sisters,” that they better win because she wants to go to a parade, and that she’s sad for injured Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz.
But she has faith in “St. Nick,” Eagles’ quarterback Nick Foles.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
The video had been viewed more than a million times as of Thursday, something Parks says has been “crazy to see.”
The Eagles face the New England Patriots Sunday.