PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (AP) — Former “Saved by the Bell” actor Dustin Diamond will start serving his four-month jail sentence with work release in January for an altercation at a Wisconsin bar.
WISN-TV and WITI-TV report that Diamond appeared in Ozaukee County court Wednesday and withdrew his appeal of a disorderly conduct conviction. The sentence starts Jan. 15.
Diamond, who played Screech on the 1990s TV show, was convicted in June of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He was cleared of a felony. He was to start jail during the summer, but a judge stayed the sentence pending his appeal.
Diamond testified he was trying to protect his girlfriend when he pulled out a pocketknife at the Port Washington bar last Christmas Day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Don’t take a rapid COVID test too soon: How and when to swab
- What is monkeypox, the rare virus now confirmed in the U.S. and Europe?
- Traveling this summer? CDC recommends everyone test for COVID-19 in days before flying
- 5-term Idaho attorney general loses in GOP primary battle
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Port Washington is 25 miles north of Milwaukee.