PORT WASHINGTON, Wis. (AP) — Former “Saved by the Bell” actor Dustin Diamond will start serving his four-month jail sentence with work release in January for an altercation at a Wisconsin bar.
WISN-TV and WITI-TV report that Diamond appeared in Ozaukee County court Wednesday and withdrew his appeal of a disorderly conduct conviction. The sentence starts Jan. 15.
Diamond, who played Screech on the 1990s TV show, was convicted in June of carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. He was cleared of a felony. He was to start jail during the summer, but a judge stayed the sentence pending his appeal.
Diamond testified he was trying to protect his girlfriend when he pulled out a pocketknife at the Port Washington bar last Christmas Day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Walgreens not following U.S. guidance on Pfizer vaccine spacing
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'
- How could police have mistaken a gun for a Taser in Daunte Wright's death?
- Americans may be able to travel to Europe again this summer. Their hosts may not be vaccinated.
Port Washington is 25 miles north of Milwaukee.