PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — London-born model and TV actor Sam Sarpong has died in Southern California after jumping to his death from a bridge.
Sarpong, who was 40, died Monday afternoon in Pasadena, where he lived.
The Los Angeles County coroner’s office says the case is being investigated as a possible suicide. But the official cause of death must await results of toxicology testing.
Pasadena police say a 40-year-old man jumped from the Colorado Street Bridge following seven hours of attempts to talk him down.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Don’t take a rapid COVID test too soon: How and when to swab
- What is monkeypox, the rare virus now confirmed in the U.S. and Europe?
- 5-term Idaho attorney general loses in GOP primary battle
- Traveling this summer? CDC recommends everyone test for COVID-19 in days before flying
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Sarpong had a series of small roles in movies and TV shows, including “Bones” and “Boston Public” and co-hosted MTV’s 2006 show, “Yo Momma.”
He also modeled for Tommy Hilfiger and other fashion brands.
He is survived by his father and his sister June Sarpong, an English TV presenter.