AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Matthew McConaughey is congratulating fellow Texan and Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles on his Super Bowl win.
The actor took out a full-page ad in the Austin American-Statesman on Sunday. It reads: “From one local to another, Congratulations Nick Foles. just keep livin, Matthew McConaughey.”
McConaughey was born in Uvalde (yoo-VAWL’-dee), west of San Antonio. The Super Bowl MVP was born and raised in Austin.
McConaughey is a Washington Redskins fan, but that didn’t stop him from showing support for a division rival.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
“Just keep livin” is McConaughey’s personal mantra and the name of his nonprofit health and wellness organization.