AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Matthew McConaughey is congratulating fellow Texan and Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles on his Super Bowl win.
The actor took out a full-page ad in the Austin American-Statesman on Sunday. It reads: “From one local to another, Congratulations Nick Foles. just keep livin, Matthew McConaughey.”
McConaughey was born in Uvalde (yoo-VAWL’-dee), west of San Antonio. The Super Bowl MVP was born and raised in Austin.
McConaughey is a Washington Redskins fan, but that didn’t stop him from showing support for a division rival.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump backs down under fire, 'clarifies' on Russia meddling WATCH
- Trump says he accepts US intelligence on Russian interference in election but denies collusion
“Just keep livin” is McConaughey’s personal mantra and the name of his nonprofit health and wellness organization.