AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Matthew McConaughey is congratulating fellow Texan and Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles on his Super Bowl win.
The actor took out a full-page ad in the Austin American-Statesman on Sunday. It reads: “From one local to another, Congratulations Nick Foles. just keep livin, Matthew McConaughey.”
McConaughey was born in Uvalde (yoo-VAWL’-dee), west of San Antonio. The Super Bowl MVP was born and raised in Austin.
McConaughey is a Washington Redskins fan, but that didn’t stop him from showing support for a division rival.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
“Just keep livin” is McConaughey’s personal mantra and the name of his nonprofit health and wellness organization.