MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico City prosecutors have arrested a suspect in the murder of an Argentine model, saying the two had met at a local acting school.
Chief prosecutor Edmundo Garrido Osorio didn’t identify the suspect by name, but said three employees of the hotel where the woman was found provided information leading to his arrest.
Spanish-language network Telemundo noted in a statement Wednesday that Mexican news media have identified the man as Axel Arenas, part of the cast of its new television series “Jose Jose, Prince of the Song,” and said it would “closely monitor the situation.”
Karen Ailen Grodzinski was found shot in the head in the hotel on Dec. 27.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Garrido said in a news conference Tuesday that one hotel employee who provided room service gave a description of the suspect and hotel security cameras captured the license plate of his scooter. Cameras inside showed a man wearing a motorcycle helmet checking into the hotel.
The heavily promoted “Jose Jose” is scheduled to premiere Jan. 15. It is a biographic series about the life of the romantic balladeer Jose Jose. Arenas was cast to play the singerJose Jose’s brother in the show produced by Estudios TeleMexico.