ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) — An Aberdeen man accused of shooting and killing an Andover woman and setting her apartment on fire has pleaded not guilty.
Thirty-six-year-old Jose Quinones-Rodriguez is charged with first-degree murder, arson and burglary, among other charges. Prosecutors say Quinones-Rodriguez killed 25-year-old Tawny Rockwood between Feb. 8 and 9.
The American News reports that a judge on Friday denied a request to lower the defendant’s $1 million cash bond. Trial was set for Jan. 2.
Court documents show that Rockwood was shot twice in the back of the head.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.
Information from: Aberdeen American News, http://www.aberdeennews.com