COPPELL, Texas (AP) — Retail gasoline prices in Texas rose 2 cents this week to reach an average price of $2.78 per gallon.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the nationwide price at the pump held steady at an average $2.96 per gallon.
The association survey found Midland has the most expensive gasoline in Texas this week at an average $3.10 per gallon. Drivers in Wichita Falls have the cheapest gasoline statewide at an average $2.65 per gallon.
AAA experts say drivers across Texas are paying the highest retail gasoline prices since 2014.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Association officials say oil prices started declining over Memorial Day weekend amid news that OPEC may raise production levels to help ease global supply concerns.