MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A woman was in for a huge surprise when Miami Beach police pulled her over.
She and her boyfriend got out of the car. An officer asked the boyfriend if he had anything to say.
And that’s when the man, identified as Kenneth, got down on one knee, held out a ring and said, “I just want you to marry me.”
A video tweeted by Miami Beach Police shows her covering her face, saying “Oh my God … crazy.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- IRS launches a new way to estimate next year's tax refund
- A $100,000 bribe got teen a UCLA soccer scholarship without even playing
- Jeffrey Epstein signed will worth $577M only 2 days before suicide, with El Chapo lawyer as witness
- Alaska man discovers message in bottle from Russian Navy
- The completely reasonable reason people are flying with mini horses
She tells the officer she doesn’t know what to say. She looks back at her boyfriend, waiting on bended knee, and looks closer at the ring.
Finally, she says “Yes,” and police say “Congratulations, guys!”
Spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez said Kenneth had come into the station asking for help with his proposal.