MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A woman was in for a huge surprise when Miami Beach police pulled her over.
She and her boyfriend got out of the car. An officer asked the boyfriend if he had anything to say.
And that’s when the man, identified as Kenneth, got down on one knee, held out a ring and said, “I just want you to marry me.”
A video tweeted by Miami Beach Police shows her covering her face, saying “Oh my God … crazy.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- As he plans July Fourth gala, Trump still owes $7 million in inauguration costs to D.C.
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
- Snake stows away in bag for trip to Hawaii from Florida
She tells the officer she doesn’t know what to say. She looks back at her boyfriend, waiting on bended knee, and looks closer at the ring.
Finally, she says “Yes,” and police say “Congratulations, guys!”
Spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez said Kenneth had come into the station asking for help with his proposal.