MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A woman was in for a huge surprise when Miami Beach police pulled her over.
She and her boyfriend got out of the car. An officer asked the boyfriend if he had anything to say.
And that’s when the man, identified as Kenneth, got down on one knee, held out a ring and said, “I just want you to marry me.”
A video tweeted by Miami Beach Police shows her covering her face, saying “Oh my God … crazy.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man shouting 'You die!' kills 33 in Japan anime studio fire VIEW
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- 'Manholes' are out as Berkeley removes gender-specific language from city code
- Records detail frenetic effort to bury stories about Trump
- US heat wave just warming up for long and scorching weekend VIEW
She tells the officer she doesn’t know what to say. She looks back at her boyfriend, waiting on bended knee, and looks closer at the ring.
Finally, she says “Yes,” and police say “Congratulations, guys!”
Spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez said Kenneth had come into the station asking for help with his proposal.