LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper are starring in a remake of “A Star is Born.”
Warner Bros announced Tuesday that the film will mark the singer-actress’ first leading role in a movie and the directorial debut of the “American Sniper” actor-producer. Gaga will compose and perform new songs for the musical drama.
The “Bad Romance” and “Applause” singer recently appeared in the fifth season of the FX series “American Horror Story.” Her other acting credits include filmmaker Robert Rodriguez’s movies “Machete Kills” and “Sin City: A Dame to Die For.”
Cooper is best known for starring roles in such films as “American Hustle,” ”Aloha” and “The Hangover.” He served as on a producer on his movies “Silver Linings Playbook,” ”Limitless” and “War Dogs.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Colin Powell dies, trailblazing general stained by Iraq
- Ted Cruz called an Australian vaccine mandate 'tyranny.' Then came the stinging response
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- A heart-stopping moment: How a mild case of COVID changed this man's life
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The original “A Star Is Born” was released in 1937 and featured Janet Gaynor as a budding actress entangled in a relationship with an established Hollywood star played by Fredric March.
“A Star is Born” was remade as a musical drama in 1954 with Judy Garland and James Mason and again in 1976 with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.