LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper are starring in a remake of “A Star is Born.”
Warner Bros announced Tuesday that the film will mark the singer-actress’ first leading role in a movie and the directorial debut of the “American Sniper” actor-producer. Gaga will compose and perform new songs for the musical drama.
The “Bad Romance” and “Applause” singer recently appeared in the fifth season of the FX series “American Horror Story.” Her other acting credits include filmmaker Robert Rodriguez’s movies “Machete Kills” and “Sin City: A Dame to Die For.”
Cooper is best known for starring roles in such films as “American Hustle,” ”Aloha” and “The Hangover.” He served as on a producer on his movies “Silver Linings Playbook,” ”Limitless” and “War Dogs.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You should probably replace some of your fabric face masks
- Honestie Hodges, whose mistreatment by police led to changes, dies of COVID. She was 14.
- Trump pardons Flynn despite guilty plea in Russia probe
- Secret Hasidic wedding in Brooklyn draws thousands of guests, $15K fine
- A Trump-boosting sheriff earned White House visits. Now she's charged with theft.
The original “A Star Is Born” was released in 1937 and featured Janet Gaynor as a budding actress entangled in a relationship with an established Hollywood star played by Fredric March.
“A Star is Born” was remade as a musical drama in 1954 with Judy Garland and James Mason and again in 1976 with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.