KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush is in Maine for the summer.
The 93-year-old arrived Sunday evening at his seaside home in Kennebunkport. Dozens of residents greeted his motorcade at the town’s Dock Square, with some waving flags and holding signs.
Friends say the nation’s 41st president was eager to get to Maine after enduring the death of his wife, Barbara, and then falling ill with a blood infection.
Bush has spent part of every summer in Kennebunkport since childhood with the exception of his service as a naval aviator in World War II. Officials say they anticipate a low-key summer with family and friends.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump asks Supreme Court to intervene in Mar-a-Lago dispute
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Marin, once known for vaccine skeptics, now tells them ‘you’re not welcome’
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- For every 2,000 steps you take, your risk for premature death may fall
Information from: WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com