SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — A massive amount of heroin has been seized during a western Massachusetts drug trafficking investigation.
The Hampden District Attorney’s Office says 39-year-old Julio Sanchez of Springfield, and 32-year-old Andy Espinal-Antonio of Worcester were arrested on Feb. 24 after being seen selling heroin.
The two men are charged with trafficking over 200 grams of heroin and conspiracy to violate drug laws. Espinal-Antonio was also charged with intent to distribute after detectives found 50 bags of heroin in his car and $3,500 cash. Detectives found 9,000 packets of heroin in Sanchez’s vehicle.
Sanchez’s next court date is in March 21, 2018 and Espinal-Antonio is scheduled to be in court on April 6, 2018. Bail was set at $10,000 for both.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg