BOSTON — Authorities say a 9-year-old boy has lost a hand while playing with fireworks in Boston.
Police say a 5-year-old boy was also injured in the accident Sunday in the Dorchester neighborhood.
The 9-year-old’s family says he is being treated at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Investigators are trying to determine where the illegal fireworks came from.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii police arrest couple who boarded flight despite testing positive for coronavirus
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- 'Absolutely normal': COVID vaccine side effects are no reason to avoid the shots, doctors say
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- New Orleans swingers event becomes 'superspreader' after 41 test positive for coronavirus
The state fire marshal’s office says a man was hospitalized with serious injuries to his hand while igniting fireworks Saturday in the backyard of a home in Saugus. Investigators found a large cache of fireworks in a bedroom of the home.
Authorities also reported large seizures of fireworks over the weekend in Pembroke, Hyannis and Dennis.