FAIRFIELD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a woman has severe leg injuries after she was hit by a car driven by an 81-year-old woman crashed into the hair salon in New Jersey.
Fairfield Township police say the crash took place just before 10 a.m. Monday. The 60-year-old victim was taken to a hospital, where she was listed in stable condition.
The hair salon storefront suffered serious damage in the crash, with the force of the collision destroying a cinder block wall.
Fairfield Police Chief Anthony Manna says the driver refused treatment at the scene and possessed a valid driver’s license. He says it is still unclear what caused the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
No summonses were issued to the driver.
Fairfield police impounded the 81-year-old’s car to check its mechanics.