FRANKLIN, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman and her caretaker daughter have died in a house fire.
The Tennessean reports 81-year-old Clara Mae Pewitt Wilkins and 60-year-old Barbara Wolf died in the Friday night blaze in Williamson County.
Williamson County Fire Marshal Bob Galoppi said the fire’s cause hadn’t been determined as of Monday, as the weather had hampered the investigation.
Wolf’s daughter, Mindy Walker, describes her mother and grandmother as dedicating to helping people. She says her mother and uncle were taking care of Wilkins after she became bedridden.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Judge orders Vancouver, Wash., teen to start paying off $37M for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire
- The princes, the president and the fortune seekers
- What is lava haze? A look at Hawaii's latest volcanic hazard VIEW
- A Staten Island man found a safe with cash in his backyard — then things got weird
- MH370 experts think they've finally solved the mystery of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight
Wilkins’ son, Danny Wilkins, has received Red Cross assistance and is currently staying with family.
The newspaper notes that Wilkins had spent her whole life in the Pinewood community, living on a road and next to a church that both bore her maiden name.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com