FRANKLIN, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman and her caretaker daughter have died in a house fire.
The Tennessean reports 81-year-old Clara Mae Pewitt Wilkins and 60-year-old Barbara Wolf died in the Friday night blaze in Williamson County.
Williamson County Fire Marshal Bob Galoppi said the fire’s cause hadn’t been determined as of Monday, as the weather had hampered the investigation.
Wolf’s daughter, Mindy Walker, describes her mother and grandmother as dedicating to helping people. She says her mother and uncle were taking care of Wilkins after she became bedridden.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
Wilkins’ son, Danny Wilkins, has received Red Cross assistance and is currently staying with family.
The newspaper notes that Wilkins had spent her whole life in the Pinewood community, living on a road and next to a church that both bore her maiden name.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com