FRANKLIN, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman and her caretaker daughter have died in a house fire.
The Tennessean reports 81-year-old Clara Mae Pewitt Wilkins and 60-year-old Barbara Wolf died in the Friday night blaze in Williamson County.
Williamson County Fire Marshal Bob Galoppi said the fire’s cause hadn’t been determined as of Monday, as the weather had hampered the investigation.
Wolf’s daughter, Mindy Walker, describes her mother and grandmother as dedicating to helping people. She says her mother and uncle were taking care of Wilkins after she became bedridden.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Italian bridge collapse sends cars plunging, killing 26 WATCH
- How to find and delete Google’s tracking of your devices
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Woman tells police she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'
- Glacier latest US park to be scorched by Western wildfires VIEW
Wilkins’ son, Danny Wilkins, has received Red Cross assistance and is currently staying with family.
The newspaper notes that Wilkins had spent her whole life in the Pinewood community, living on a road and next to a church that both bore her maiden name.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com