FRANKLIN, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman and her caretaker daughter have died in a house fire.
The Tennessean reports 81-year-old Clara Mae Pewitt Wilkins and 60-year-old Barbara Wolf died in the Friday night blaze in Williamson County.
Williamson County Fire Marshal Bob Galoppi said the fire’s cause hadn’t been determined as of Monday, as the weather had hampered the investigation.
Wolf’s daughter, Mindy Walker, describes her mother and grandmother as dedicating to helping people. She says her mother and uncle were taking care of Wilkins after she became bedridden.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Idaho wildlife official resigns after killing baboon family
- Interrogation gone wrong, rogue killers: What happened to Saudi journalist?
- Georgia gun store owner shoots, kills armed robbery suspect
- Elizabeth Warren angers prominent Native Americans with politically fraught DNA test
Wilkins’ son, Danny Wilkins, has received Red Cross assistance and is currently staying with family.
The newspaper notes that Wilkins had spent her whole life in the Pinewood community, living on a road and next to a church that both bore her maiden name.
Information from: The Tennessean, http://www.tennessean.com