DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — An 80-year-old woman bicycling at 3 a.m. was struck and killed by a motorist in Florida.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports Ruth Travers of Ormond Beach was killed instantly early Friday after being struck by a Mercedes Benz.
Daytona Beach police said the driver didn’t show any signs of impairment. She told police that she didn’t see Travers. It was raining at the time of the accident.
Police spokeswoman Lyda Longa said no charges would be filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com