DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — An 80-year-old woman bicycling at 3 a.m. was struck and killed by a motorist in Florida.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports Ruth Travers of Ormond Beach was killed instantly early Friday after being struck by a Mercedes Benz.
Daytona Beach police said the driver didn’t show any signs of impairment. She told police that she didn’t see Travers. It was raining at the time of the accident.
Police spokeswoman Lyda Longa said no charges would be filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com