DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — An 80-year-old woman bicycling at 3 a.m. was struck and killed by a motorist in Florida.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports Ruth Travers of Ormond Beach was killed instantly early Friday after being struck by a Mercedes Benz.
Daytona Beach police said the driver didn’t show any signs of impairment. She told police that she didn’t see Travers. It was raining at the time of the accident.
Police spokeswoman Lyda Longa said no charges would be filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com