DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — An 80-year-old woman bicycling at 3 a.m. was struck and killed by a motorist in Florida.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports Ruth Travers of Ormond Beach was killed instantly early Friday after being struck by a Mercedes Benz.
Daytona Beach police said the driver didn’t show any signs of impairment. She told police that she didn’t see Travers. It was raining at the time of the accident.
Police spokeswoman Lyda Longa said no charges would be filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com