BETHEL, Maine (AP) — A Maine 8-year-old battling leukemia got her Christmas wish to meet New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.
The Lewiston Sun Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1RMtWvV ) that Hailey Steward, of Bethel, Maine, received a video invitation from Brady on Christmas Day, inviting her to visit him Saturday at Patriot Place in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Thousands of well-wishers follow Hailey’s Facebook page, “Hailey’s Journey Our Journey,” and relayed her wish across the Internet.
The vice president of media relations for the Patriots said Hailey and her parents were given a tour of Patriot Place, the shopping center built around Gillette Stadium. There they met with Brady, took pictures and got hugs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Man with coronavirus disguises as wife on Indonesian flight
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
- As Herschel Walker eyes Senate run, a turbulent past emerges
Hailey’s father, John Steward, posted on his daughter’s Facebook group page that it was “awesome” that Brady recognized his daughter’s strength and determination.