MEXICO CITY (AP) — Officials in western Mexico say eight hacked-up bodies have been found in a pickup truck abandoned in the city of Guadalajara.
A state official who was not authorized to be quoted by name said Wednesday that experts were still trying to identify some of the bodies.
The cadavers had been hacked into headless torsos and piles of limbs.
Local media report that a hand-lettered sign had been left with the bodies in the bed of the truck.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A jogger accidentally crossed into the US from Canada and was detained for two weeks
- Smart-home technology becomes the newest tool of domestic abusers
- British royal family is welcoming its first same-sex marriage
- Commentary | What’s behind Melania Trump’s ‘I really don’t care, do u’ jacket?
- Trump calls for depriving immigrants who illegally cross border of due process rights
Such signs are often used by drug gangs to send threatening messages.
Guadalajara is dominated by the Jalisco drug cartel.