LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities are investigating whether a string of eight armed robberies at Trader Joe’s stores in Southern California are related.
The Riverside Press-Telegram reports Wednesday that since mid-February stores in Los Angeles, Long Beach, Culver City and Irvine have been held up at gunpoint.
A Long Beach store has been robbed twice, with an armed suspect demanding cash from employees.
Detectives say all the stick-ups have followed a similar pattern. The newspaper says investigators are reviewing surveillance footage.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Air New Zealand announces plan to weigh passengers before boarding
- Why orcas keep sinking boats
- Netflix restricts password sharing, leaving some angry and confused
- Store owner charged with murder in shooting of 14-year-old he wrongly accused of stealing
- Coast Guard suspends search for 4 missing after Alaska charter boat found partially submerged