WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A 78-year-old man is accused of stabbing his wife twice in the chest.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports Robert Wisniewski is charged with first-degree assault and possession of a weapon during commission of a felony in connection with the Monday evening attack.
Wilmington police spokeswoman Sgt. Stephanie Castellani says officers responding to the Midtown Brandywine home learned the 68-year-old stabbing victim had been driven to a hospital by a neighbor. The victim underwent surgery for non-life-threatening injuries and is stable.
Castellani says Wisniewski was treated by medical personnel. It’s unclear what injuries, if any, he suffered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Castellani says it’s unknown what ignited the stabbing attack. It’s unclear if Wisniewski has a lawyer.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com