WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A 78-year-old man is accused of stabbing his wife twice in the chest.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports Robert Wisniewski is charged with first-degree assault and possession of a weapon during commission of a felony in connection with the Monday evening attack.
Wilmington police spokeswoman Sgt. Stephanie Castellani says officers responding to the Midtown Brandywine home learned the 68-year-old stabbing victim had been driven to a hospital by a neighbor. The victim underwent surgery for non-life-threatening injuries and is stable.
Castellani says Wisniewski was treated by medical personnel. It’s unclear what injuries, if any, he suffered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
Castellani says it’s unknown what ignited the stabbing attack. It’s unclear if Wisniewski has a lawyer.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com