WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A 78-year-old man is accused of stabbing his wife twice in the chest.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports Robert Wisniewski is charged with first-degree assault and possession of a weapon during commission of a felony in connection with the Monday evening attack.
Wilmington police spokeswoman Sgt. Stephanie Castellani says officers responding to the Midtown Brandywine home learned the 68-year-old stabbing victim had been driven to a hospital by a neighbor. The victim underwent surgery for non-life-threatening injuries and is stable.
Castellani says Wisniewski was treated by medical personnel. It’s unclear what injuries, if any, he suffered.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Castellani says it’s unknown what ignited the stabbing attack. It’s unclear if Wisniewski has a lawyer.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com