PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police say a 71-year-old woman was wounded while knitting inside her home on the city’s North Side.
Police spokeswoman Sonya Toler says the woman was shot in the leg at 8:54 p.m. Monday. She was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in stable condition.
Police say officers recovered five shell casings near a basketball court across the street.
The woman told investigators she was sitting in a chair knitting when her front window exploded and she felt an immediate pain in her left leg.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
- Omar seeks action over House colleague's remarks on Muslims
Police are unsure what started the shooting or who the target was.
An investigation is ongoing.