SCITUATE, R.I. (AP) — Police say a 70-year-old Rhode Island man was killed last week in a car crash, days before he was supposed to walk in his college graduation.
The Providence Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2rbVRPM ) Anthony Guadiana died Thursday after colliding with two other cars in Scituate. Three days later, his daughter collected his posthumous bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Rhode Island.
Scituate police say early indications are that Guadiana suffered a medical problem before the crash. The police chief, who knew Guadiana personally, said he had recently suffered a stroke.
Two other people were also hurt in the crash but have been released from the hospital.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Russian public appears to be souring on war casualties, analysis shows
- GOP-controlled Texas House impeaches Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton, triggering suspension VIEW
- Parents described as 'monsters' in horrific abuse that killed 10-month-old in England
- Henry Kissinger is turning 100. A long-running meme wishes otherwise.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com