THE VILLAGES, Fla. (AP) — A 68-year-old woman has died days after being hit by a golf cart as she walked in a golf-cart lane.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Joan Marie Colonna was hit on Jan. 16 while she was walking in the retirement community some 50 miles (80 kilometers) northwest of Orlando.
An accident report said 70-year-old Barbara Bess Ruhe, who was was driving the golf cart, wasn’t injured. Troopers said Ruhe had been following another cart, which maneuvered around Colonna. But Ruhe didn’t see her in time and hit her.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Colonna was taken to a hospital in nearby Ocala. She died on Monday, 13 days after being hit.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23