THE VILLAGES, Fla. (AP) — A 68-year-old woman has died days after being hit by a golf cart as she walked in a golf-cart lane.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Joan Marie Colonna was hit on Jan. 16 while she was walking in the retirement community some 50 miles (80 kilometers) northwest of Orlando.
An accident report said 70-year-old Barbara Bess Ruhe, who was was driving the golf cart, wasn’t injured. Troopers said Ruhe had been following another cart, which maneuvered around Colonna. But Ruhe didn’t see her in time and hit her.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Colonna was taken to a hospital in nearby Ocala. She died on Monday, 13 days after being hit.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Who is Robert Smith, the man paying off Morehouse graduates’ loans?
- Judge sides with Congress over Trump in demands for records
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Five things to know about Morehouse donor Robert F. Smith