NEWTON, Kan. (AP) — Police say two 6-year-old boys took a joyride in a pickup truck through a central Kansas town, damaging five other vehicles and two mailboxes along the way.
Newton police Sgt. Josh Millspaugh says the boys’ three-block journey ended about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday when they rammed another truck.
One of the boys was taken to a Wichita hospital with minor lacerations. The other was released to a parent.
Millspaugh said it was “surprising” to see such young occupants when he responded to the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- One scandal too many: British PM Boris Johnson resigns
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Cancer drug greatly reduces deaths in hospitalized COVID patients
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
He said the boys didn’t say where they were going, but had collided with cars and a full-sized van, and occasionally drove through yards.
Millspaugh says he didn’t know the relationship between the boys. The truck they drove belonged to a parent.