FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Communities around Kentucky are receiving awards for downtown development projects.
The Kentucky Heritage Council says in a statement that the awards ceremony will honor six Kentucky Main Street Program communities for outstanding projects, programs and events that focus on economic vitality, organization, design and promotion as a strategy for downtown redevelopment.
The Kentucky Heritage Council says the awards will be given Wednesday afternoon at the Capitol Rotunda, where winners will have exhibits about their programs on display.
The cities to be recognized include Winchester, Murray, Danville, Pineville, Pikeville and Springfield.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- AP Exclusive: Adoptee deported by US sues S. Korea, agency
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- How anonymous tweets helped ignite a national controversy over MAGA hat teens
- Nathan Phillips, Native American in standoff with teens, faces scrutiny of his military past
The Kentucky Main Street Program was created in1979 to encourage downtown economic revitalization.