FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Communities around Kentucky are receiving awards for downtown development projects.
The Kentucky Heritage Council says in a statement that the awards ceremony will honor six Kentucky Main Street Program communities for outstanding projects, programs and events that focus on economic vitality, organization, design and promotion as a strategy for downtown redevelopment.
The Kentucky Heritage Council says the awards will be given Wednesday afternoon at the Capitol Rotunda, where winners will have exhibits about their programs on display.
The cities to be recognized include Winchester, Murray, Danville, Pineville, Pikeville and Springfield.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
The Kentucky Main Street Program was created in1979 to encourage downtown economic revitalization.