HOUSTON (AP) — Houston-area fire officials say six children have been hurt during a science experiment that caused a small blaze at a preschool.
The experiment was being conducted Tuesday outside the Yellow School in Bunker Hill Village. The school is located inside Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.
Memorial Hermann Hospital spokeswoman Rhiannon Collette says the children are in good condition.
Village Fire Chief David Foster says several other children were released to their parents who are taking them to their own doctors for possible care.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Southwest Airlines pilot climbs into cockpit window after being locked out of flight deck
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Texas welcomed Elon Musk. Now his rural neighbors aren't so sure.
- Indian Official Who Drained a Reservoir to Retrieve His Phone Is Suspended
- Debt deal would reduce IRS expansion, approve permits for West Virginia pipeline
Houston Fire Department Senior Capt. Ruy Lozano says an emergency medical team was sent to the school after children got chemicals on them.