Police said a New Hampshire school bus driver allowed her 5-year-old son to sit in the driver's seat with the bus running and the boy put it in reverse, sideswiping cars and crashing into a carport.
Police said a New Hampshire school bus driver allowed her 5-year-old son to sit in the driver’s seat with the bus running and the boy put it in reverse, sideswiping cars and crashing into a carport.
Merrimack police said Tiffanie Brown was doing a safety check outside the bus last week at an apartment complex parking lot. Her 8-year-old son was with her.
Capt. Peter Albert tells WMUR-TV (http://bit.ly/14uN3nN) Brown instructed the 5-year-old to activate the different lights to check them. But the boy somehow put the bus in reverse. The 8-year-old was hanging onto a door at the time.
No one was hurt, but Brown was arrested Monday and charged with reckless conduct and endangering the welfare of a child. It wasn’t immediately known if she had a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Image of Queen Elizabeth II sitting alone at Philip's funeral breaks hearts around the world
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Armed 'quick reaction force' was waiting for order to storm Capitol, Justice Dept. says
Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com