SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A 5-year-old Herriman boy who was found unconscious in a bathtub has died from his injuries.
KSL-TV in Salt Lake City reports that Unified police confirmed the boy died around 2 a.m. Saturday at Primary Children’s Hospital.
Authorities say the boy’s father found him in the bathtub Thursday night and immediately called 911.
The father told investigators he had left the boy unattended for a few minutes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A ‘liberty’ rebellion in Idaho threatens to undermine coronavirus orders
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to intensive care VIEW
- Coronavirus death toll: Americans are almost certainly dying of COVID-19 but being left out of the official count
- Trump sees limits of presidency in avoiding blame for virus
- Great Barrier Reef suffers its most widespread mass bleaching event on record
The child was flown to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say the believe it was an accident but the incident remains under investigation.
Information from: KSL-TV, http://www.ksl.com/