SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A 5-year-old Herriman boy who was found unconscious in a bathtub has died from his injuries.
KSL-TV in Salt Lake City reports that Unified police confirmed the boy died around 2 a.m. Saturday at Primary Children’s Hospital.
Authorities say the boy’s father found him in the bathtub Thursday night and immediately called 911.
The father told investigators he had left the boy unattended for a few minutes.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
The child was flown to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say the believe it was an accident but the incident remains under investigation.
Information from: KSL-TV, http://www.ksl.com/