SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say employees at a Florida thrift store found 5 pounds of marijuana while sorting clothing donations.
WTVT-TV reports the Sarasota thrift store workers were sorting clothing donations when they discovered a brown paper bag inside a plastic tote.
A Sarasota Police report says an employee noticed the bag early last week but put it aside until Thursday. It says the employee then cut a small hole in the bag and called police.
It’s unclear if the donation of the roughly 2,100 grams of vacuum-sealed marijuana was intentional.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
- 'Sister Wives' family makes home in inclusive Arizona city
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
Information from: WTVT-TV, http://www.wtvt.com/